We believe in creating enriching experiences not only for our guests, but also for those looking to build a career with us too. Discover enriching career opportunities with Cenizaro as we continue to grow our network of hotels and resorts in new and exciting destinations.
Resort Chief Engineer
The Residence Zanzibar
- Fully in charge of the engineering department to ensure that all engineering functional areas work properly.
- Highly focus on implementing Good Engineering Practices.
- Responsible for an effective energy management.
- Maintains all equipment, refrigeration/air-conditioning units, desalination water system. including sewerage system/plumbing works, electrical and mechanical system and Generators.
- Ensures implementation, execution and achievement of the resort’s preventative maintenance goals.
- Ensures compliance with all engineering departmental policies, fire safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains budget and controls expenses within the areas of the department.
- Ensures all term contractors’ works meet the scope, terms and conditions as specified and agreed in maintenance works contracts.
- In charge for planning the materials required for maintenance in coordination with purchasing department.
- Seeks out cost reduction methods, which do not negatively impact guests’ perception of the resort.
- Ensures all staff are properly trained and have the tools needed to complete specific projects.
- Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in similar role
- Possesses diploma in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fully computer literate